I promise this is not going to be one of those posts confessing how much I hate Valentine’s Day. I am single. Does this mean I hate Valentine’s Day? If you asked me this question on Monday I would have shouted, “HATE IT!” But, for some reason I have had a change of heart (no pun intended here). As I started thinking about this holiday where people pour out their love, I thought well goodness I have a lot of love to pour too…
I have a love for:
1. Homemade salsa. Favorite snack EVER!!!!!!!!
2. Cowboy boots. I love every single pair for a different reason. And I will continue to add to my collection.
3. Stationary. I should not be unsupervised in this section at T.J. Maxx.
4. Children’s books. So much so, that I hope to write my own down the road.
5. Sitting on my front porch. Rain or shine.
6. Indiana. My flyover state is pretty great.
7. Westerns. Yep, my favorite actor is John Wayne.
8. Speaking of John…Wooden definitely makes my list. The coach, man, teacher, that I gain many of my “words to live by.”
9. The wonderful ladies in my life. Each one is so special to me.
10. Campfires. I don’t even care if it makes my hair smell. Give me a fire under the stars and it’s my perfect night.
11. Beef. I have to have this protein in my diet.
12. The man who raised me and who continues to help shape the person I am. He always looked after me. Now he does it from a higher view.
13. Speaking of higher views, my dad has some help sitting next to my heavenly Father. Thank you both for doing your jobs so well.
14. And of course I cannot forget about Farmers. If it weren’t for them I wouldn’t be able to love half the things on my list.
There it is, my love poured out for you. So who is my valentine? Well it’s everything on the list above and so much more. To sum it up, my valentine is me and the things that remind me to love this life.
Happy Valentine’s Day.
I love that you are reading my blog.
8 thoughts on “To My Valentine…”
And I love this post! Happy Valentines Day to you, my friend!
I love farmers too! Mainly my three❤ As for cowboy boots……they hurt my feet😁
I love you Sarah! Great post and there are so many things to love on Valentine’s day. Thank you for reminding me to count my blessings.
Starting my morning with a cry – thanks!! This is beautiful, love your perspective & love you! Happy Valentine’s Day to your many loves 🙂
Wow!!! You have such a great attitude. Happy Valentine’s Day. Love you.
I love this and always enjoy reading your posts, you’ve shared wonderful words and pictures with us, thanks!
Happy Valentine’s Day
I love you and HATE this snow because that means you aren’t with me having “sister time”. Still an overrated holiday but a yearly reminder to “live and love”.
I absolutely love this. And you!