• Indiana ranks 5th nationally in the production of corn; producing 960 million bushels in 2007.
• Indiana ranks 4th in the production of soybeans with 211 million bushels produced in 2007.
• Indiana is the 2nd largest producer of popcorn in the nation.
• Indiana ranks 2nd in tomatoes for processing 249,000 tons.
• Indiana ranks 4th in peppermint producing 293,000 lbs. and 5th in spearmint producing 81,000 pounds.
• Indiana ranks 2nd in the number of layer chickens. The state is also 3rd in the nation for total number of eggs.
• Indiana produces more ducks than any other state in the nation.
• Indiana ranks 2nd in the production of both regular and fat free ice cream.
Resource: Ag in the Classroom
Here are some other great websites where you can find facts about Indiana agriculture: